Curry Chicken Salad SandwichesEpisode 106 'Season 1 Finale'
Makes 6+ sandwiches
1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups chicken broth
½ cup sliced almonds
2 ribs celery, chopped fine
½ cup red grapes, halved
4 green onions sliced thinly
½ cup mayonnaise
3 Tbsp curry powder
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
12 slices of bread or 6 croissants
6 leaves of romaine or other whole-leaf lettuce
- Poach the chicken by covering the chicken breasts with chicken broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce flame to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken, let cool, and shred with two forks.
- Meanwhile, mix together mayo, lemon juice, mustard, curry powder, salt and pepper. Adjust to taste.
- Toss mayonnaise mixture, chicken, almonds, celery, halved grapes and green onions together. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the sandwiches by piling a generous heap of chicken salad on one piece of bread or side of croissant. Top with lettuce and the other slice of bread or croissant. No need to add extra mayonnaise and mustard.