Episode 203 'Fudge It'Candied Bacon, Egg-in-a-hole & Fudge
1 pound bacon
½ cup brown sugar
- On a wire rack set over a baking sheet, lay out the bacon in a single layer. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the bacon.
- Place the bacon in a cold oven. Turn the oven to 400 degrees and cook for 20 minutes.
- Eat bacon as is, on top of your favorite ice cream or cupcake, or as a garnish to an old fashioned.
Fantasy Fudge (from Kraft)
3 cups white sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix sugar, margarine, and evaporated milk in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a full boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and thoroughly combined. Beat in marshmallow creme, walnuts, and vanilla extract. Transfer fudge to the prepared pan and let cool before cutting into squares.
Star Trek Egg in-a-Hole
1 slice bread
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. butter
- Cut a hole in the slice of bread. Perhaps in the shape of a Star Trek insignia. Melt butter in skillet.
- Place the bread into the pan. Break the egg into the hole in the bread. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side.