Note from Chef Ed:
What is a brookie you ask? Part chocolate chip cookie and part brownie. This wonder dessert is so cheap & easy to makes any day seem like a special occasion.
I grew up having Brownie sundaes on special occasions. Think of BJ’s pizookie’s as an example. Fresh warm brownie, topped with ice cream and chocolate syrup. I thought that the Cookie Brownie or Brookie would make an even more delicious sundae and thus the creation of the Brookie Sundae! Pure heaven.
1 box of your favorite brownie mix for a 9 x 9 inch pan
chocolate chip cookie dough for 12 cookies (store bought is just fine for brookies)
- Preheat the oven to the temperature indicated on the brownie mix box.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Prepare the brownie mix in a bowl as directed on the package.
- Place 12 cookie sized dollops of raw cookie dough, spaced evenly. Pour the brownie mix around and / or over the cookie dough. Bake according to directions on the brownie package.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 15 minutes. Cut out a warm brownie and top with you favorite ice cream and chocolate syrup. Enjoy!